Please support our current sponsors

Legacy

Anne H. Burr

Heritage

Ted & Michelle McQuade

Pete & Joelle Snavely

Curator

Tod & Susan White

Carolyn Sihler

Jan Evans, Evans Printing

Myers Precision Grinding Inc.

Glenmede Trust Company, N.A.

​Timan Custom Window Treatments, Inc

Docent

John & Mary Bourisseau

​Margi & John O'Brien

Falls Communication

Historian

Todd & Jodi Lyle

Diana & Cliff Nazelli

Jack & Pam Polcar

​Ray & Kathy Kolcaba

The Paddock Group, LLC

Peppertree Capital Management Inc.

Clemens Pantuso Architecture

_______________________

Jekyll's Kitchen

 

 

Look Up as you walk through downtown Chagrin Falls and find signs of Village History

Chagrin Falls Historical Society
87 East Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, OH • 44022
(440) 247-4695 • chaghist@gmail.com

Hours: 2-7 pm Thursdays

11am-3 pm Saturday
-or by appointment-

Fairgrounds Postcards

In 1873 the Union Fair Association purchased 34 acres on the South side of east Washington Street.  They build a race track and stadium and the facility was used for the Cuyahoga County Fair until the 1920's.  This site is now the Campus of Chagrin Falls High School, Middle School and Board of Education offices.  The stadium is still in use for a multitude of sports and community activities.


A Trotter race at the Fairgrounds


The County Fair


A wheelbarrow race!


A view showing the Stadium

All rights reserved Chagrin Falls Historical Society 2007-2015

Chagrin Falls Historical Society
87 East Washington Street - Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
P.O. Box 515
440.247.4695